If you have Klout and you know it clap your hands.
If you influence your friends, past your network it extends,
You’ve got Klout, now you know it, clap your hands.
Its really as simple as a nursery rhyme. If you are an active member of the social media community, and your friends and followers respond to your actions, you have Klout; which means brands want to give you the royal treatment.
Klout: A website designed to measure influence online.
HOW IT WORKS
- You link your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Youtube, WordPress, LinkedIn, etc…) to Klout’s site and it monitors action and reaction, based on algorithms it has created.
- The site then gives you a score that measures influence based on your ability to drive action. Every time you create content or engage, you influence others. It measures this in three ways:
- True Reach: How many people you influence
- Amplification: How much you influence them
- Network Impact: The influence of your network
When you go to your Klout profile, it has a dashboard to monitor your activity over the past day, week, month, and 90 day period. It will also show you where you stand relative to others in your network.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
To the best of my knowledge, its cool for three reasons:
- It quantifies someone’s social media influence, which helps people promote themselves in marketing, sales, and other professions that rely on networking.
- Klout offers “Perks” to its most influential members, which earns them exclusive products or experiences based on their influence.
- Brands benefit by running Klout Perks to measure their own success on social media. Klout Perks enable brands to reach influencers and create interest around a Perk. Influencers create thousands of pieces of user generated content (UGC) and millions of impressions for a brand’s new product, initiative or campaign.
So, you may be a casual participant in social media now, but as you become more active your online presence will grow, and become visible to brands like Disney, Audi, and Turner who use Klout Perks to engage with influencers. The higher your Klout score, the more power you have, which means more Klout Perks for you.
REACH + INFLUENCE + IMPACT = KLOUT = PERKS. Its good to be the king.